Today, 2019 November 13, is World Kindness Day. In some ways, I find it odd that we need a reminder to be kind. But, given my daily interactions with the world, there are many people who need the reminder.
Looking to do something kind today (and everyday)? Here are a few simple no cost ideas:
- Smile at someone.
- Hold the door for the person behind you.
- Let that car merge into your lane.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Say Please and Thank You.
- Acknowledge a store employee by their name.
- Text/call/email a friend.
- Give someone a hug.
- Donate items you are finished with to a local charity or shelter.
You don’t need to spend money to be kind and you get a positive boost of energy too.
Looking for more inspiration? Here are some articles, clips, and projects for you to follow:
- Random Acts of Kindness has lesson plans, resources, media images, and a blog to motivate.
- This article from the UK newspaper The Independent includes a seven minute clip on a 19 year old’s simple acts of kindness.
- The Marilyn Denis Show did their whole episode today on acts of kindness.
- A Colorado TV station listed 31 ideas for spreading kindness.
- Look through kindness quotes on Pinterest or Google.
Share in the comments or tag me on social media on ways you will be spreading kindness.