Note: This series was created due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the requirement to practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible. I hope that despite all the closures and the crazy grocery store lines, you can still find opportunities to stay calm, enjoy the extra time with your loved ones, organize the areas that need to be addressed, and find something (book, movie, craft) to bring you enthusiasm. Choose to be as balanced as possible and stay healthy.
I probably should have my eight-year old write this post. The collages were her idea and her creations. I just lost a few magazines in the process. If you don’t have any magazines, you could print some images or use photographs that you don’t mind cut up.
Possible theme ideas for collages that can work for all ages:
- Travel – Dream of a beach vacation, a city escape, or the mountain views.
- Animals – Dogs, cats, birds, etc. – Perhaps a collage of your pet!
- Fitness – Your goals or moves that you wish to incorporate.
- Clothing – Spring outfits, fancy dress, or wardrobe for that dream trip.
- Favourite entertainment star – I’m not even going to suggest … I have no idea who is popular!
- Wishlist for books, movies, videos, toys – think of it like an early Santa list.
- Vision/Inspiration Board – This can be anything that will inspire you.
Once you found your photos, you need paper and glue. Optional items: glitter, stickers, markers for drawing/writing, and Mod Podge to seal.
Please share how you are staying occupied and/or items your children (or you) are creating. You can respond to this post or reach out through Social Media.
One Reply to “Staying Occupied: Magazine Collages”