I have to admit that I’ve been struggling lately.
- Everything seems harder.
- Everything seems a struggle.
- And everything seems to take forever to get done.
Most of all, I am struggling with time wasters. I am getting emotional and anxious over things that take me away from more important things.
“What’s the worst thing I’ve stolen? Probably little pieces of people’s lives. Where I’ve wasted their time or hurt them in some way. That’s the worst thing you can steal, the time of other people. You just can’t give that back.” ~ Chester Bennington
On my birthday, my neighbour backed into my parked car. Was I mad? No. My car is an object that can be fixed and insurance will ensure that I’m not financially out of pocket.
Insurance can’t cover the loss of time though:
- Time at the Collision Reporting Centre;
- Time on the phone with the insurance company;
- Time to drop off the car at the repair place;
- Time to sort a rental;
- Time to exchange the rental since they didn’t have a family vehicle available;
- Time talking to the insurance company … again;
- Time researching and purchasing new car seats;
- Time talking to the repair place and insurance … again;
- Time finally picking up the fixed car.
What did I sacrifice because of this accident?
- Snuggles with my daughter;
- Chats with my husband;
- A night out with friends;
- Half my daughter’s PA Day;
- Time working on my business;
- Sleep …
- And my health.
“The future depends on what we do in the present.” ~ Gandhi
Where should I be spending my time? My family is a priority. My husband would like to see me occasionally. I wish to be volunteering more at my daughter’s school. Sprouting Balance, my business baby, needs nurturing and time to grow. I love working with the people I meet through it and sharing my thoughts. And I need to make more time for myself. Whether that is hanging out with friends or being a couch potato. I’m the worst at making myself a priority and will sacrifice my needs before dropping anything else.
“Time is the only commodity we deal with which we cannot be counterfeited, stolen or placed in inventory. Remember, time is irreplaceable.” ~ Zig Ziglar
So much wasted time. I mourn the things I did not get to do.
Do time wasters bother you? Have any strategies to handle this type of situation?
In the comments, please share your thoughts and remember to follow us and SPROUT a conversation on Twitter – @sproutbalance – and Facebook!
Looking for some ideas on recipes, organization or things to do with your Lil Sprout? Come check out my Pinterest page and the things that inspire me to become more balanced.